There are a wide number of fertilizer sources and formulations available
on today's market. Each formulation supplies a unique mix of macro and micro
nutrients to the crop. In addition, each has a unique cost in terms of the
critical and non-critical nutrients supplied.
This worksheet is designed to:
- Calculate the quantity of nutrients supplied per acre,
- Calculate the cost of the nutrients supplied per pound and per acre, and
- Generally assist in formulating the lowest cost source of fertilizer nutrients.
Keep in mind that the:
- The price of fertilizer is on an applied, per acre basis (per ton),
- Pounds of fertilizer should be on an applied basis (what you actually put
- The fertilizer formulation should be the numbers from the analysis printed on the bag or
provided by the custom supplier (N-P-K-S)